Thursday, December 17, 2009

Turkeymas

Every year we take turns celebrating certain holidays with each side of the family. This year is the Ridge Christmas, so we celebrated Christmas with the Peterson's at Thanksgiving. (Two years ago Steven decided to name this blessed celebration Turkeymas.) While it was a really short trip, it was nice to be all together as a family. We've been really blessed this year because my side of the family has been able to get together4 times since Michael's birth.


Michael didn't have very many toys prior to this get-together and he was definitely spoiled by his Grandma Gracie and Grandpa John.

Jonathan likes this one because it's in English and Spanish

The Playskool Ball Popper thingamajig is still a little advanced for him, but he likes to play with the balls and to tip the toy over so that the air blows in his face. :)


(I still don't know how to rotate videos...)

He also got a few toys from his Uncle Paul, Auntie Jennie, and Cousin James.

His favorite thing to do with these is to watch me stack the cups so he can knock them down...

At this point I think I have more fun with his toys than he does...but Michael gets a kick out of it when I play with them with him :)

I still can't believe how fast he grows and the new things he does each and every day. He's started to make new sounds and has moved from just saying "ma-ma-ma" for everything to including ba's da's and ga's in all sorts of combinations. I've been trying to get it on video...but have had no such luck yet. He also officially has two teeth coming in which makes him a bit grumpy at times, but all in all he really is such a sweet happy boy. Our pediatrician said that pretty soon he may start to have "stranger anxiety" and freak out when someone other than I am holding him...I'll really be surprised if that ever happens. I think he may have "grumpy-people anxiety" because if you are a happy stranger, he'll smile and go right to you. :) Such fun times!

3 comments:

Tracy, Wendy, & Claire said...

Too cute! I can totally see you playing with all his toys amused as can be:-)Variegated babbling! He's a smart cookie like his mommy... also wanted to leave you a note letting you know that we are going to be driving up on the night of the 4th, staying somewhere in Southern Utah and then driving up to Ogden on the 5th so we should be there before 1PM! (At least that's the plan). I think we had planned on leaving that night and driving down to stay the night in Provo before heading to Vegas. What you think?

Kristina said...

i think you're crazy... :) but sounds good to me!

Grace said...

Okie Dookey...that is our cute grandson!!

Love the pictures and video...sidewards and all!

Love you guys,

mom