Friday, January 9, 2009

It's a Baby!

A baby boy to be exact... :)

I had an ultrasound today and it was quite the experience. I arrived with a full bladder and I was ready to pee in a cup when asked. However, they didn't need me to pee in a cup today...they needed the full bladder to help them see certain things better. Who knows... Anyhoo, after viewing that, the lady doing the ultrasound said that I could use the restroom before we continued, but I had already gotten a glimpse of the baby and I definitely didn't want to stop just to go to the bathroom--so I held it. :)

Here are a couple of the ultrasound pictures...

(Profile)

(Foot)
(Leg)
(Arm)
(Alien-face)
(Lips and Nose)
(It's a boy)
(Another Profile)
It was the most exciting thing to watch! I could not believe how active he is. He moved around so much that the lady doing the ultrasound had a difficult time getting a few of the measurements right away. She said he looked healthy and that's all I wanted to hear. I was able to watch his little heart beat and see his little hands and little feet move in every possible direction. She pointed out other important organs, but I had no idea what in the world I was looking at! I'm just glad she did. She told me how big he was, but I don't remember exactly what she said. She did however inform me that while a few days small, he was right on track developmentally. While this was all exciting, there were a couple of times I thought I was going to pee my pants because of how much pressure she was putting on my bladder! The moment the ultrasound was over I RAN to the bathroom. No need to worry...I made it!

WE'RE HAVING A BOY! :)

10 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

Yeah! Congrats! Do you have any ideas for a name yet?

Loots said...

YAY!!!

Jennie said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them! We're so happy for you guys.

Cory said...

well that is exciting!!! So when is he due? I can't remember if you already told people if its still unsure...I just want to play with my new psuedo-nephew!

galtzo said...

Congratulations! Boys are wonderful. I think we'll have one next :)

Phil and roxy said...

We are so excited for you guys! A boy will be great.

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I can't believe I had to wait so long to finally get some internet and see these! He's got your eyes;) Love you!!!

JoshSuselJames said...

congrats!!

vinestreet said...

It took me forever to realize that I had an old url for your blog on my dashboard.....argh. So I fixed it and am now updating myself!!

Congratulations on carrying a little boy!

Lovinlifetothemax said...

Michael Lee is so cute--I think it's time for some pics on your blog